SINDA organized a Community Forum on 2 July 2011 which saw some 250 members of the Indian Community discuss issues that affect Indian Singaporeans.
Centred on themes like education and family, many viewpoints and suggestions were shared. We’d like to hear your thoughts on the questions.
Tell us what you think in the comments below!
1. How can we as a community help to address the poor Maths performance by Indians in the PSLE exams? (3 out of 4 of Indian students pass Maths at PSLE)
2. How can we encourage Indian families to send their children to pre-school (nursery and below)?
3. How can we reach out to the students and their families not in SINDA’s educational programmes (STEP and Project Teach) now?
4. How can SINDA effectively engage the youth and their families to keep them motivated?
5. How can the Indian community work together to improve educational and social outcomes for all?