Remarks By Mr K Barathan, CEO, SINDA at the Sri Muneeswaran Temple 10th Bursary Awards Ceremony on 4 February 2017 at Sri Muneeswaran Temple
Management & Board Members of Sir Muneeswaran Temple;
Parents and Students,
A very good afternoon to all of you.
- I am happy to be here this morning at Sri Muneeswaran Temple’s 10th Bursary Awards ceremony. I am glad to see so many bright and happy faces and my heartiest congratulations to all of you.
- I understand that there are close to 100 of you across many school levels. Today’s bursary ceremony acknowledges your hard work and the diligent efforts you have put in. With these bursaries, we hope that you will continue to work hard and do your very best in your studies; It is also important that you acquire good values and build sound character traits.
- Remember that each one of you is the future of our community. It is important that you perform well academically and achieve good results. Only then will you be able to seize opportunities and lead successful lives. Pursue your goals persistently and most of all, believe in yourself and be the best that you can be.
- Parents, today is also a proud moment for you. You are the pillars of support for your children. And in many ways, you are the role models that your children look up to. Be the companion that they need and a friend that they can approach.
- However, there may be moments in life that will challenge your parenting skills. At times like this, I encourage you to reach out and get the necessary guidance, so that you can bring out the best in your children. Nurturing them is a shared responsibility and is not an easy one. There will be sacrifices that have to be made, but these sacrifices will go far in enabling our children to grow into confident and wholesome adults.
- I am heartened that Sri Muneeswaran Temple has been a staunch partner of SINDA and that it shares same vision as us—to develop each child holistically and maximise their learning opportunities. Beyond organising bursaries such as the one today, the temple has also partnered with SINDA previously to run programmes at its premises. I commend the temple management and volunteers for your dedicated and diligent work towards nurturing our young ones.
- We look eagerly towards continuing our strong partnership with Sri Muneeswaran Temple. In this year, there are multiple opportunities for our combined efforts, for the betterment of our Indian community. Our joint resources will allow us to reach out to the right audiences. In fact, religious organisations are important communal spaces for the community. It also serves as the catchment point for us to identify those who need a guiding hand and point them in the correct direction. We should maximise that opportunity so that we can benefit our followers.
- SINDA has rolled out multiple programmes to give students a solid head start for school, and for families to function more cohesively. We have a number of highly-subsidised primary, secondary and tertiary initiatives that not only focus on the academics, but also give importance to motivation, enrichment and holistic growth. T the end of the day, we want to make sure that our Indian students are given all opportunities to succeed in life and become active citizens. Hence, I hope to see most of you in SINDA’s programmes in the years to come.
- So, on that note, I thank you for your time and thank you to Sri Muneeswaran Temple for the invitation. To the students receiving bursaries, I wish you the very best luck. I congratulate you on your achievements and I wish you the very best on your path forward.