2013 SIMM-SINDA SCHOLARSHIPS
Singapore Institute of Materials Management (SIMM) is a non-profit organization offering scholarships as a way of support for the materials management industry. The SIMM – SINDA scholarships are offered to candidates who are interested in doing a part-time course at SIMM. This year, a total of 4 scholarships will be offered for the Certificate and Diploma course.
- Applicant or any one parent of applicant is a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident belonging to an Indian sub-ethnic group.
- Applicants must meet entry requirements to the selected course of study as set by SIMM or Mature candidates with working experience (If candidates do not meet minimum entry requirements, they can still be considered for the scholarship if they have at least 2 years worth of working experience.)
- Interested applicants, please visit http://www.simm.org.sg/courses.asp for entry requirements to the respective course.
Selection of candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic Ability
- Meeting Course Requirements
- A total of 2 part-time scholarships for the certificate course and 2 part-time scholarships for the diploma course are being offered.
- The scholarship covers full course fees.
|Courses||Course Objectives||Entry Requirements|
|Diploma in Logistics
|This course aims to equip executives and junior managers at corporate level, with the knowledge and techniques of logistics and trade operations, purchasing and production planning, and warehousing for effective management of their organizations.
|The applicant must have at least 5 GCE ‘O’ Levels or a Certificate from any recognized institution.
Those without the pre-requisites but have substantial working experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
|Certificate in Logistics and
Distribution Management (LDM)
|The course will provide participants the tools and techniques essential in the management of the logistics function.
Appropriate for warehouse executives, storekeepers, production planners, freight forwarders, shipping executives, buyers, supervisory executives in warehouse and distribution functions.
|Participants should possess 3 GCE ‘O’ levels (any subject with grade 1-8) or equivalent qualification.
Participants who do not meet with the entry requirements maybe considered on a case by case basis.
Mature candidates with working experience (If candidates do not meet minimum entry requirement, they can still be considered if they have at least 2 years of working experience)
- No bond or contract is attached to the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients are required to pay the membership entrance and subscription fee.
- Scholarship recipients are required to volunteer their services to SINDA for 1 year
Supporting Documents to be submitted
- Identity Card or Citizenship Certificates.
- Copies of relevant educational certificates and testimonials.
- Short essay on why you have decided to pursue the selected course of study and the need for the scholarship.
(Applications will not be considered if any of the above documents are not submitted.)
2 Intakes Per year:
- Diploma in Logistics Management:
- 1st intake : click here for registration form
- 2nd intake : opens on 22 July 2013
- Certificate in Logistics & Distribution Management:
- 1st intake : opens 17 July 2013
- 2nd intake : opens 16 September 2013
Completed application forms should be mailed out to:
1 Beatty Road,
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 6393 7223
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the interview dates.