FAQ for Parents:
Why should parents encourage their child/ward to attend?
It takes a community to develop a leader. As parents/guardians of a student leader, your choice to send your child/ward for the SINDA Youth Leaders Seminar 2012 is a definitive positive step towards his/her development.
How will this seminar benefit my child/ward?
The seminar will provide the participants with a platform to grow by:
- Raising participants’ awareness of the concerns and aspirations of the Indian community in Singapore, and the nation as a whole;
- Providing opportunities for participants to examine and suggest how as an individual and as a community they can improve the lives of fellow citizens and contribute constructively to nation building;
- Allowing participants to gain new perspectives and knowledge through exchanges with government, industry and community leaders, and amongst themselves.
What will be covered during the seminar?
For a glimpse at the latest programme, please go to http://www.sinda.org.sg/syls/programme/
Will my child/ ward will be safe and comfortable?
As you already know, the seminar is a 3-day/2-night residential programme where arrangements have been made for participants’ comfortable stay. We assure you that we have spared no expense in ensuring that your child/ward is well taken care of. Your child/ward will be able to derive the most out of an exciting and conducive learning environment which the organizers have created:
- Residential living will be provided. A communal living style will be adopted. Please ensure that your child/ward brings along his/her sleeping bag for the seminar. Sleeping areas will be separated accordingly to gender. Your child/ward will be ensured of his/her complete privacy and comfort.
- The facilitators and student group leaders have been selected from NIE and senior tertiary institutions. All facilitators and student group leaders will already have experience working with youth and the will also be trained by SINDA to get them up to speed on the necessities of running the event prior to the commencement of the programme proper.
- The organizers have also ensured that there will be a sizeable proportion of female facilitators /student group leaders to help and guide our female seminar participants, if necessary.
- 24hrs Emergency medical services have also been arranged for all 3 days to handle any medical emergencies.
- Meals/Breaks will be provided throughout the course of the seminar. Organizers have ensured that special dietary requirements (e.g. halal , vegetarian etc) are also considered and provided for.
- Around the clock security is provided by the venue providers to ensure that the seminar environment is safe for your child/ward.
There will also be a hotline number set-up during the 3-day programme should you feel the need to reach your child or the organizers. This line will be available around the clock.
Can I participate in this event with my child/ward?
Yes. You will be invited to be a part of the closing forum where selected groups/ individuals will present their proposals and suggestions to the GOH.
Who can I contact if I require more information about this seminar?
If you have further queries, please contact Ms Puvana at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 63936304.